Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2nd Day of my knee surgery @ Island Hospital





6.00am: Due to painfulness yang teramat sangat sangat, I press the nurse bell for the 1st time. The nurse came in, 3 of them, all Indian(not trying to be racist) ask what I want. I'm in so much pain that I can't even talk then I just point at my knee. "Sakit ah? Kaki sakit ah?". I just nod my head, Then 3 of them without checking whats wrong just walk out and the next minute the pharmacist came in giving me pain killer pill. Niama, I thought at least one of them will help me to shift my leg cause I can't move it myself yet. *pooofffff* macam ninja, pharmacist gone also. Leaving me alone in pain, then I wanna press the bell again, see see the bell drop on the floor. Arghhh, I was so pissed off. Wanted to call my gf and mom but don't wanna make the worry, so just sit the in pain waiting if there is any nurse come in. About 5minutes later a Chinese nurse came in, shes the head of night shift. I manage to call her then she came to me and ask what happened? I told her my right leg hurts, then she massage for me, she say cause I didn't move for to whole day thats why my leg is in so much pain. Its like the whole leg on fire, I'm serious about it. Thankfully the head of nurse came in, if not I confirm GG. Haha. The pain killer starts to take effect and I manage to sit up and now I'm so damn hungry. Haha.

Here is the diagram which I edited to show what actually happened to my knee, Surprisingly Tiger Woods had the same surgery in June, 2008. The sirgery is called double bundle, which was introduced to the ortho line by Tiger Woods doctor. So basically Tiger Woods is the 1st person to have the surgery (previously they only had single bundle).
I torn my ACL and meniscus (yellow box). So in order to reconstruct back my ACL, doctor take one ligament each from my patellar tendon, both my left and right knee and reconstrust it as my new ACL. (All of our ligament consists of two ligament that curled together).

Basically, today whole day pergi sini sana the whole hospital. Both my legs can't move yet. Haiz, damn stress.

Morning: Around 9.00am after breakfast the wheelchair guy came, I ask him,"Mana pergi?". He replied,"X-ray lepas tu physio". So I try to move down to get on the wheelchair, mana tau once I try to lift my leg, niama, pain like f*ck lidat. Then the guy have to help me to lift my legs then lift me to sit on the wheelchair. Then my gf called, saying that my mom and her reach at the lift lobby. One of the lift spoilt. KNN CCB lift. Then I meet them at the lobby, mom left in a short while, my gf teman me to the X-ray room. At first I thought just an ordinary X-ray, mana tau reach the Ultrasound, check if my leg got pregnant not. Haha. I took like 5minutes to get up to the bed. Radiologist came in, scan, blood flow all clear. Then 2nd destination, bone X-ray. By the time I cure my legs I'll be dead because of radiation. Haha. 3rd round, don't know what vein scan, something like ultrasound also. Really GG.

After all the scan I need to wait for the wheelchair guy to come, my legs that time kau kau pain due to climb up and down all the X-ray bed. He came about 20minutes after the X-ray department contact him. MCB I damn dulan that time. When he came, he push me to my next destination, I-sports (physiotherapy department). Torture time, all the staffs there were in the Operating Teater yesterday to see the doctor perform. Haha. I guess all of them has already seen my DRAGON cause Im not wearing any undergarment that time. Haiz, I'm not clean anymore. Haha. The pictures will show what exactly happened in I-sports today.

After the physio session, out of sudden I was shivering like crazy, at first I thought I got fever, Then they quickly called the wheelchair guy, yet again that FUCKER took like 20minutes to reach,when he reach he forgot to bring down the wheelchair, WTF??? Then I have to wait another 10minutes due to the one of the lift out of service. Then when I reach my ward, the nurse came in and gave check my temperature, normal, but I'm still shivering like Hell. Then she gave me antibiotic, she said I got bacteria infection. After telan that pill, within 5minutes, I got mabuk then tidur like a dead man.

Noon: I woke up after the crazy pill the nurse gave me. But seriously, I'm back to normal and I'm sweating when I wake up. Damn. Haha. Then Ah Teng came for visit after I wake a while. 30minutes later, the SOHAI wheelchair guy came again, he say going I-sports, 2nd round physio. (o.O) Then I ask Teng to fetch my gf go out eat cause she has been accompanying me the whole day, sitting on the chair and play her sudoku whole day. Damn sakit hati to see that, but what can I do, I'm an OKU now. Haiz.

Then we split up, they go makan I go I-sport. After doing all the same routine, I meet up with them, they had their dinner, and it's my time to have mine. When I reach my ward, dinner is already serve on my bed. Here's my dinner:

See that, French grilled fish with Starbucks Javachip Double Blend.

Nah, actually, the Starbucks was bought by Ah Teng when they went out makan. He belanja me Starbucks leh. Haha. Really thank you Teng. I so damn miss Javachip. Cheers.

3 comments:

StePhiLosOphy said...

sofa~

wei wei wei...
i think sooner or later u can be a nurse or doc inside d la...( even make the pic..woot~ geng!!)

i find out u suka scold "nia ma" ...lol the whole blog also ..nia ma this nia ma tat...keep on complained

>.<"

best wish to u ya...recover soon~

Benjamin C. said...

hey OKU,

glad to hear the surgery was a success.

by doctor's reckoning, how long before you can walk again?

btw, curi some of those pills for me. sounds like it helps with sleeping :D

arhhahhhahha

Anonymous said...

Hi, im from indonesia. Just happen to read your blog. Not sure if you will reply this or not. My meniscus also tore, and i would like to know which part of your meniscus that tore? Did doctor aaron manisectomy or just stitch the torn part? And does it recover well? Thx