Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1st day of my knee surgery @ Island Hospital

I was admitted to Island Hospital, Penang today (11th May 2009) at around 3.00pm. Earlier in the morning my mom took my MRI and X-ray result to our family doctor and he recommend us to Island Hospital to see Dr. Aaron Lim. Kononya the best Orthopaedic & Sports Surgeon in Penang. So we reach the hospital aroud 1.00pm and straight to Dr.A's clinic. Cilaka, his clinic is exactly like a sports centre. It's actually his clinic + physiotherapy area but the whole place is like a colourful gym. Haha. And best of all, the place has it's own name iSport Centre. Cun leh. Haha. I was like WOW!!! when I reach there, then the meet up with the so call best orto in Penang. When we step into his clinic, niama, I've never been into such clinic before, it's like a richman's bedroom with old school Chinese design. Damn a lot of Made in China stuffs. All classic shits. Haha. As he check my knee and few stretches, he turn and say, "You damaged you ACL and meniscus". And I told him that Ya, I know that cause it's written there in the MRI report and he turn and say, "Oh, you did your MRI scan d?". This guy Godlike man, can know what happened even before he sees the MRI film. Haha. Memang 5star. After that he said that there's only one solution, which is my worst nightmare, SURGERY!!! And the price is 20k++. My mom's face turned to the WTF face. Haha. Then no choice have to agree with it and he says, "Ok, then your surgery I put you in tomorrow la". I was like Sai Em Sai so fast ah. Haha. Then he put me to a physio session after that, and guess what is my physio routine. Haha. I was told to play football with Nintendo Wii. I'm in love with this place. Haha. After the physio session I was brought to my room, all room fully vacant so I have to wait and end up they only manage to get me a 5 bedded room which I have to face some other farting and volcano breathing dudes. Haiz. So far no complaint yet about this hospital, rate it 5star. Haha. And the wireless connection here is extremely fast. Haha. It's 12.45am now and I'm still kinda worry about my surgery tomorrow which is scheduled at 1.30pm. Will update again time by time tomorrow. Wish my luck and pray for me.


Here it is, 12th of May 2009. The day has come and I shall face my destiny. Haha.

6.00am: Drug time. A nurse give me like 6-7 tablets of pills. No idea what is it for, Telan je la. Back to zzz.

8.00am: A nurse wake me up so that they could change the bed sheet. *arghhhh*

9.00am: Doc came and told me to go for another physiotherapy session before the op and the lab people will come over and take my blood for the op usage later. O.o I never donate blood before in my life and now kena liao, donate back to myself.

10.00am: The lab guy came and push me to the lab. At first they took a lil amount of my blood. Then after they check that sample to make sure my haemoglobin is enough to take out 200ml of blood for the later surgery usage.
That's my 1st time giving out so much blood.

10.45am: On the way to the physio area, fully packed. Have to wait for my turn. Mom and Ling is on their way. Did some physiotherapy routine until I fell asleep. Haha. Too bad today got no Wii to play. Haha.
Lube + a stick? Haha.Trying to extract out my skills. XD

11.30am: Mom and Ling reach, I'm not that scare anymore, but feel kinda dizzy cause earlier they took 200ml of blood from my body and I haven't ate anything since morning. So kinda hangover lidat.

1.00pm: Back to my hotel room to prepare for the op. Have to change to the Op shirt which kau kau expose my lovely ass. Haha. Whole body weak like hell. Then here comes my BMW bed which gonna fetch me to the Operating Teater. Whole body shaking like a vibrator. Haha.

1.15pm: Reach the OT, upon reaching there, the staffs there ordered Pizza delivery. Niama, I have to fasting for the whole morning then reach there see them so shiok can makan pizza. Cilaka betui.
That's me on my BMW bed on the way to OT

1.40pm: After waited for a while, the anaesthesiologist came to give me the anaesthetic drugs. Because my surgery is on my knee, so he have to inject the drug thru my spine bone so that the whole lower part of my body is numb. 4 jabs into my spine bone, KNN punya sakit. And all the OT staffs there can still joking and laughing beside be because today is Happy Nurses Day. haha.

1.45pm: After the drug start to take effect, WHOLE bottom part of my body is 100% numb, I can't feel shit seriously if you chop of my leg I also won't feel shit. Whole lower part includes all my toes, foot, both leg, ass, balls and best of all can't even feel my DRAGON. Diu Nia Seng, damn horrifying weih. Then they push me into the the OT. The moment of truth has come. Once in there my whole body is shivering, cold+scare. Then the anaesthesiologist came to me ask if I wanna asleep or not, I say Ok, put me to sleep then, and he says I let you take a nap for a while then middle of the Op you can wake up and see how it's done. Haha. I still manage to say bye-bye to him after he pump the drug into me.

Dunno what time: Woke up halfway of the Op, whole lower body view got blocked, only can see thru the screen, I can see 2 small tiny lil drill, drilling and cutting thru my ligaments. Kinda fun and I manage to sembang with the staffs there while the doc is chopping my knee. Haha.

5.00pm: Operation end, they pushed my out to the ICU area, and thank God beside my got a Mat Salleh chick. Quite hot eh!!! Haha. Then I starting to get my consciousness I started to play with the heart bpm machine, I pulled out the connection from my finger and the reading goes "-----------------" *tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit*. When the nurse came to me I put it back and it starts to Tit Tit again. Haha.

5.15pm: They push me out from the ICU area, maybe can't tahan I kacau their stuffs anymore. Right after go out from the OT door, I can see my mom and Ling waiting there, I'm kinda relief after seeing them. Then they push me to my room, still can't feel any shit below. I have to be carried and pull and push around. Haha.

9.30pm: Just wake up, took a nap after dinner at 6.30pm just now. All my aunt came to visit and my cousins too. The anaesthetic effect is fading away and the pain is coming lil by lil. Can start to feel my legs and scar already, and not to forget my DRAGON and 2 canon balls. Haha. But still my ass is still kinda numb numb dei. Got ang pau from my aunt, not bad, good business. Haha. So damn hungry now. Haha. Then when hungry, Mr.Panda called to kacau. Thinking of him is exactly like thinking of a piece of thick steak. Makes me even more hungry. Haha.JkJk, he called to ask how am I and when can I play back. *Reminder: Sensitive question like this better don't ask, if not I sepak you ass when I step into the pitch. Haha.

10.15pm: After chitty chat-chat with my gf on the phone, Allen called. I didn't inform him bout my surgery today, cause I don't want him to feel bad for causing me like this. But honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I seriously didn't blame him at all. It's an accicent and shits happen in sports. He called to ask bout my condition and that time only I let him know that I had a surgery this noon. He was shocked and AGAIN he apologized. Haha. Aduih, ini Allen ah. Then we continued our conversation for about 15minutes o.O Haha. Officially gay. LoL. He complaint about a Fat sohai, one of ur friend, who keeps fooling him around this and that. Haha. I ask him to diu kau that fucker but Allen the budak baik say wanna avoid controversial. LoL. Hear the way he talk makes me think of all of my usual suspects in KL. Allen, Lucan and Teng. Our sohai group talking bad bout sohai people and making sohai jokes. Haha. Kinda miss all of them (miss as in friends only ah). LoL.

11.00pm: All the anaesthatic 7788 gone and my knee starts to feel the umph!!! I told the nurse bout this and she brings me 4 pills, don't tiu bout it, just telan again. Haha. No mood for anything else. Damn freaking bored. And surprisingly I fell in love with blogging. I admit I used to stereotype and dislike bloggers. Yet see whats happening now, itulah dipanggil Karma. Haha.

11.30pm: Niama, I think the nurse gave me sleeping pills in one of the pills just now. My eyes like Park Ji Sung. Play Fifa Online kena tapau by AI 4-1. KNN CCB. Then my gf and my elder bro and my godbro called. After talking to them I decided to zZzZzz. Guess this is my last post for tonight. Night. Cheers.
This is the look of my leg after op. With ice packs on top of it.



And this is my sexy socks. Ain't it sexy?

3 comments:

StePhiLosOphy said...

Sofa again ~
haha...
dun worry the surgery everything will be fine...

after u recover kao kao...jie jie bring u makan Korean foods...but u treat ...hahaha...

i really curios how was a like inside...
can u next time update plus a photo?? lol

thank Q very The Much...

bless u for 2molo surgery...
and Love ♥ ya...
do take care of urself....

StePhiLosOphy said...

walao eh...
hor sim u post another new post lah...
wan save space for wat??

really gv u kek sei~
play around in hosp opps is hotel room~

gay is gay...dun try to refuse.. pls accept it ....lol..
syok la good many best frenz...^^

tan thai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.