Monday, May 11, 2009

Darkest Day In My Life

Well, didn't know that I'll start blogging because of this. I just don't know how to say it out, I guess this is the best way. May, 5th 2009, is the officially the darkest day in my life, a tragic that might affect my football life forever or maybe I just have to forget about this game. What actually happened was, I was playing with all my mates, the usual weekly futsal match. That night was the 'farewell' game for this semester because the next day most of us will be going back to our hometown. Didn't know that it end up to farewell for me.

Here is the story, around 10-15minutes into the game I was knocked down by Allen 0n the knee. I was defending and he's attacking for the opponent side. I didn't noticed that he was behind me that time, as the ball flew past me, I turn my body and within seconds, Allen came from behind and BANG!!! His whole body landed on my right knee. I can hear like fire cracker inside my knee. I scream as I never scream that loud before. Laying on the floor can't even feel my right leg. The rest of the lads don't really bother me at all, which kinda pissed me off. I keep on screaming like a pussy for about 2-3minutes then only Lucan came to me and ask, "Are you ok?" I told him, "My leg is gone". Allen stood up and came to me and after that only all of the others started to come to me. I told them this time is FOR REAL!!! cause I never ever experienced such pain in my life and I can't fucking feel my right leg (below knee). At that time, I thought that I've dislocate my knee.

After few minutes of making out with the futsal floor, all of them except Noel, Lucan and Allen continue to whack the ball as if nothing happened. Then Noel, Lucan, Allen, and Fat Jason carry me out of the court. I just lay on the bench and tears started to flow out from my eyes. In my mind that time, "That is it Wallace Yeoh, you are no longer a footballer". I told Lucan to send me to the hospital, and I have to be carried out to the car. Allen and Lucan fetch me to Tawakal Hospital.

Upon reaching there, as usual, Accident&Emergency entrance and wheelchair yet again. It's like deja vu to my previous admission there (food poisoning). Waited there for like 20minutes for the radiologist because after midnight they work on call only. X-ray man came, took 2 pictures of my knee and when he pass me the result I ask him, "Is it bad?" He replied, "Bone perfect, BUT ligament kinda big problem". I was like OMFG!!! Confirm GG this time, I told myself. then push me out again to the A&E bed. Which the doctor came, touch my knee for the 1st time, then she said, "Your bone all OK, joint got problem lah boy. I admit you in 1st then tomorrow I pass to Ortopaedic". Then a male nurse came to me and say,"Ok, sekarang saya mau cucuk u" (o.O i was like MCB, fuck off). Then I ask what is the jab for, he says it's pain killer and I ask if can don't cucuk ah, cause I hate injection, especially in the ass. He says,"Tak bolehlah boy, nanti malam nie you sakit susah lah" (inner meaning, if you don't take this jab we can't charge you drugs on midnight rate). I gave up and say CINCAI lah.

Lucan and Allen went to settle my admission procedure, and I have to wait at the creapy area alone with an asthma guy beside breathing like Godzilla. I try to contact my family that time but no one answer, all of them were sleeping untill I called my elder bro, which he was also halfway sleeping and I ask him to call my uncle(my insurance agent) and see whether will the insurance company cover sports injury, and my uncle too at that time zZzZzZzz.

Lucan and Allen came back and the nurse push me to my hotel room which both of them just booked for me. 4 bedded room with free meals. 90bucks a nite with shit conditions. No choice cause the insurance only will cover 120bucks a nite and the nearest to my room rate is 150buck.

Then both of them went back to clean up and take my stuffs for me. And I guess this is the best moment to call my gf cause I don't really wanna let her know cause she is having her paper the next day. But I still have to contact her after all, so I still have to tell the truth. I told her nothing serious and ask her to focus on her paper. After hang up the phone, a lot of things poped out in my mind, and I started to emo again, I admit, I cried again fearing that I might not get to step into the pitch in the future. No one knows how much football mean for me.

I called Ezra after that to tell him that I won't be able to join them at Green Rose for Man Utd vs Arsenal game. He was shocked to hear that I in the hospital and he came for visit(1st visitor) after he finished his meeting with clients. As usual, he came laugh at me 1st then only ask how was my condition. =.= He came to sembang with me for about 30minutes then he went back cause Man Utd game starting soon. After a while Allen, Lucan and Kenny came with 4 packs of Green Rose's Nasi Lemak Ayam. I was suppose with meet up with all my MU kakis there to watch the game that night. They say since I can't make it at least I still get to eat the Nasi Lemak. We went down to the hospital lobby to watch the game with 3 other nurses and another patient which luckily all of them are Devil's fans too. And we enjoy our Nasi Lemak on a table which is suppose to be a table for some form filling stuffs. The nurse even provide us with newspaper so that we don't mess up the table. Wow, service better than mamak. Haha.

Thank God Man Utd won 3-1 that match. At least something to cheer me up a bit. After sending me back to my room, 3 of them went back leaving me alone, thankfully Kenny brought my laptop along. Can't sleep cause keep on thinking of the incident, I took out my laptop and play Left4Dead. Trust me, playing Left4Dead (hospital map) in the middle on the night in a hospital is awesome. I was like what if the zombies attack this hospital, I'll for sure be the 1st mother fucker to kena makan cause I can't even walk. Haha.

Well, I guess thats it so far, will continue my hospital stay in the next post.

2 comments:

StePhiLosOphy said...

haha...reading ur blog was very interesting...

i cant stop laughing all the sentence u write...

especially the zombies part...XD

wat a pity..LONG VACATION at there...i wil cum to visit man...
wat u wan me to bring to u??lol

Lucan said...

Lol....

There is 3 parts u din mention about wei....

1st---the about that worst List i ever used,Shaking like we r reli under attack by zombies....

2nd----that MU patient tat join us,supported MU too excited till Need to do another injection again to his arm...(u should c tat pity face)

3rd---The guy tat farting in ur Room...5 star...Very Best...